Saturday

From Beaufort to Beaufort


November 19
Out here on the Atlantic, the stars are very plentiful on the ocean. During my night watch, I can't help but look up at them. I saw a shooting star, it was very long and left a streak of green light. We had to do some motor sailing, because the winds died down to 10 knots. The freighters are everywhere and I had to alter course twice to avoid going on a collision course. Towards the end of my shift, Joana had a speed over ground of 7.2 knots and actually sailing for the first time, wind coming from a 90 degree angle. My shift ended at 3am... we began entering the channel to Beaufort, South Carolina (pronounced "Bew-fort", instead of "Beau-fort"). We went from Beaufort, North Carolina - Beaufort, South Carolina. How ironic? It took us three hours to enter into the Intra Coastal Waterway and begin our search for a good anchorage. We went up a creek and dropped the anchor in the middle, it's so odd to see a windlass to drop the chain. We all indulged in a warm shower, and hung our foul weather gear to dry. Put our feet up, enjoyed an alcoholic beverage and watched Grey's Anatomy!! Can you believe we watched the episode from an anchorage.

1 comment:

Mom Chaylt said...

In reading the "Grey's" comment, I felt it was directed our way!!! Nice to read that all is going well.
Love Mom

Post a Comment