Sunday

The Salt Water Pump

November 12
The rain has now turned into a light mist. I prefer this rather than the loud pouring rain. Today we tested the Volvo Penta inboard engine, during our daily inspection Wade noticed that the salt water pump was leaking. Quickly we stopped the engine and narrowed the part that we needed to replace, rushed to find a diesel mechanic and coordinated to get the piece fixed. This pump might delay our departure until further next week; it was the original pump of 1992 and needed replacing. Now that the rain has started to diminish, I went for a tour of Bock Marine to observe all the fishing boats, sailboats and power boats that are on the “hard”. After our tour, we decided to sign out the “Bock Mobile” which is a courtesy vehicle. We went with another couple from Ottawa, Canada: Jim and Laura who just purchased a 40ft sailboat. We drove to Morehead City and Beaufort to get groceries, parts from West Marine, and a fillet knife. I’m very excited to be able to catch big fish on the open ocean, I noticed a few big fish lures and maybe I will attempt at making my own from plastic bags. In the evening we had spaghetti and pumpkin pie for dessert… since the American thanksgiving is approaching next week. Watched Grey’s, Bones and the Mentalist, I am very spoiled on this large sailing yacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment