Wednesday

Bahamas


December 6
Twelve consecutive hours of very well earned rest, it was nice to sleep after that crazy sailing journey. I woke up in a boat surrounded by turquoise blue waters in the Bahamas. Quickly looked out the port hole to check if I was dreaming, but I wasn’t. French toast for breakfast, and quickly got down to working on desalting Joana. You would not believe the amount of salt that has accumulated everywhere around the boat. Wade hooked up the hose and I noticed that they didn’t have a meter attached to monitor the amount of H20 we consume… however; they charge us a flat fee each day for the use of water. My shoes, jacket, clothes, glasses and even my gloves were covered in salt. Finally fixed the sail grommet for one of the reefing lines, you’ll notice Mr. Alarie working very hard in the picture. The steering fluid pump is still not cured yet… it needed to be re-aligned once again. Since everyone had recovered from being on the water, we went for a walk around Bradford Marine’s boatyard… met a few folks along the way. Scarlett from Ireland who owns a 1992 Catamaran over 40 feet & she’s working really hard to fix it up. We dropped some chocolates off to Thurbur, the dock masters who assisted us in our arrival yesterday. Discovered the internet hot spot near the captain’s lounge… I’m sure I’ll be spending most of my time updating the blog from here. Then we met Kevin one of the wonderful security guards who provided us with local knowledge of Port Lucaya and some of the amenities around here. I don’t think we will be re-locating to Bell Channel, the prices are so much more expensive over there. The weather is hot, the winds are loco, and the people are enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment