Tuesday

December Days

December 20
All my bags were packed and ready to go up, up and away. To northern Canada for Christmas and the holidays. At 930am this morning the taxi driver Mr. Moss brought me to the airport for my 12 o'clock flight. While I was in the airport I met a group of El Salvador guys who only spoke Spanish, and they kept trying to speak to me. I couldn't understand a word they were saying... so they went to find a translator from Mexico who spoke both English and Spanish. I thought that was true effort! When we landed in Toronto, I noticed all the white powder covering all the roads and the buildings. Thank god for my wonderful aunt who bought me a winter jacket, so I wouldn't freeze. The following day I took the subway, the bus, and then arrived in Timmins, Ontario.
~*~
December 19
My last day of 2009 in the Bahamas!!! In the morning...the crew from shergar, drifted off in the distance, waving farewell. While we stayed in Nassau. I went to the plaza to find island gifts to bring back into Canada i.e. rum, rum and more rum, I'm only kidding. The Christmas lights were working... and they were all multicolored. I packed all my stuff and was 100% ready to go back to the brutal cold in Canada. Watched one of my favorite movies... called “Taken”.
~*~
December 18
Went to Starbucks to update this blog and checking emails. Wrote letters to the family and friends back at home. Went for a walk towards downtown, searching for the straw market and only found our way towards the Cemetery and BASRA. Search and Rescue in the Bahamas. I headed my way towards the showers on shore, spoke with the curious Italians, whom wanted to know about our solar Christmas lights (non-working at the time). We had some interesting conversations about the construction of s/v "Joana". Folks are always asking questions! Had an invitation to go over to Atlantis for a drink... but contingencies occurred.
~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment