Monday

COMMITTED

April 25
Yesterday night just before going to bed I found the book Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert it’s a follow-up to her bestseller book entitled Eat, Pray, Love. I had already read her captivating adventure book in 2008 and passed it along to friends at Nootka and lost track of it, now Lisa owns Committed the book about Liz’s life after meeting her lover.  What’s marriage supposed to be?  How do you make it last?  Is it supposed to make you happy?  Hmmmm, well I hope to find out through reading this masterpiece by Elizabeth Gilbert.  I was reading this book and could not put it down, until Lisa woke me up and said…. “Hurry, come out here and take a look at this” I replied by saying “is it worth it?”  Lisa says “Oh, yeahhh, hurry”  I walk up to the laptop in the dining room and we both stare at the facebook homepage and notice our friend Carlin… engaged!!  That’s right, he’s going to be getting married to our OE3 classmate Debbie.  We almost fell over in total shock!  Excited and happy for both of them, but very taken back.  Mostly because my friend Carlin is one of those guys you categorize to be a ‘stallion’ the one who lives his entire life climbing mountains and meeting amazing people in isolated countries.  This was not something I could have predicted.  So, I went back to reading my book.  Trying to process my friend being engaged, this book about commitment, and Lisa and Sven getting married in less than two weeks.  Everything happens so QUICKLY!  Finally escaped from the house for quick 3 or 4 kilometer jog in the valley.  It was excellent! The weather was extremely windy and cold, however I had a great cardio workout.  Sven’s niece and nephew came over for a small visit, we made dragonfly bracelets with them and good laughs.  Today, the weather changed for the worst.  Cold rain and very strong winds… I’m starting to sense winter.  Fingers crossed for the ceremony on the headland… hopefully it’s very calm and sunny.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment