Sunday

Flight

April 7
This is the next day, the Wednesday since I lost a day somewhere in the transition.  Found my luxurious seat in the economy class.  It was small, cozy and nothing like first class.  As we walked in the plane it was torture to see each level and just imagining the price of each fancy seat/ bed.  I guess you really do get what you paid for.  Found my seat and introduced myself to the guy I was going to be sitting with for the next 14 hours.  From DC, off to Australia for 4 days on business, now that’s a great way to mess up your body and its sleep patterns.  As soon as the plane took off, we were served dinner… I had chicken on a bed of pasta sauce, beans and rice, with water and some pecan cookies.  It was so hard to get comfy and find a good position for sleeping… I managed to sleep for 10 hours.  At one point they served us a snack and drinks, followed by breakfast around 4 AM just before arriving into Sydney.  Eggs, potatoes and a bagel.  This was the part of the trip I despised the most discovering that I had just jumped on one flight and I was going to be releasing  4,279 lbs of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.  Way to make you feel really good upon arrival into Sydney!      

No comments:

Post a Comment